Keep ophthalmic equipment operating to OEM specifications. Maximise functionality, uptime and customer experience
What can a field engineering service partnership do for you?
Work with us, and we’ll enhance your optometrist and ophthalmologist customers’ satisfaction by managing their expectations, building trust and making your ophthalmic equipment more profitable and efficient.
You can expect us to:
Increase ophthalmic equipment performance, uptime and lifespan
We’ll work with your customers to put into place good planned preventative maintenance habits to minimise the amount of time ophthalmic equipment is unavailable and ensure equipment is safe to use.
Make reporting problems easy
Optometrists and ophthalmic medical practitioners are busy people, so we know it’s important to respect their time.
Our helpdesk technical support operators have access to your service level agreements. So you can be sure they’ll handle optometrists’ and ophthalmologists’ calls quickly and efficiently.
Respond to problems quickly
We’ll shape your optometrist and ophthalmologist customers’ expectations by asking the right questions. Then, listening attentively to concerns and being clear about the next steps and timeline.
Manage expectations when more complex repairs required
Veritek can despatch specialist ophthalmic equipment field engineers to minimise downtime and quickly return ophthalmic equipment to working condition.
Or, if needed, organise swap units, per your instructions.
Help you to see maintenance and repair trends
We’ll help you keep track of your optometrist and ophthalmologist customers’ expectations and experience by giving you the maintenance and repair data you need to identify trends and make informed pre-emptive decisions.
Field engineering services and support that enhance your customers’ experience
With Veritek as your service partner, you’re not just outsourcing your field engineering services. You’re getting a trusted, knowledgeable service partner who’ll treat your customers like VIPs.
Our field engineering services help OEMs across Europe to scale up their after-sales service operations and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
Your service level agreement will include:
Strategic reasons for using a field engineering service partner for your ophthalmic equipment maintenance and repairs
Reduce overhead costs by giving your customers fast access to specialist ophthalmic technicians
Your Service Level agreement will include KPIs for response times.
Better still, we have local language engineers located strategically throughout Europe.
Ability to scale ophthalmic maintenance and support teams quickly
Need to divert resources to an important project? No problem. When you partner with us, we can boost your in-house service capacity when you need us to.
Ability to expand geographical coverage
Get the flexibility and scalability you need to fulfil projects domestically and overseas. Veritek provides field engineering support to ophthalmic OEMs across Europe.
Be able to implement upgrades quickly
No longer have to rally precious resources to implement upgrades. Or deal with burdensome problems arising from external factors that make the frequency of upgrades and timing difficult.
Veritek has the resources and staff to deploy ophthalmic equipment upgrades cost-effectively and quickly.
Free up in-house engineers’ time to concentrate on high priority projects while field engineering service partners take care of day-to-day servicing
You can rely on Veritek field engineers to use their robot electromechanics, computer technology and analytical skills to maintain and repair your ophthalmic equipment while you focus on other projects.
In particular, our field engineers:
- Calibrate your ophthalmic equipment
- Diagnose issues
- Make necessary repairs
Easy setup process
Step one: Define concepts
First off, we’ll determine where you are now:
- Situation analysis
- Your challenges & needs
- Initial sharing of data
- Veritek prepares and presents a support solution
Step two: Refine solutions
After that, we’ll work with you to understand:
- Skills requirements
- How your requirements match with Veritek engineer competence levels
- Project scoping
- Veritek prepares and submits an indicative commercial offer
Step three: Contract
Once you have agreed to our offer in principle, we’ll:
- Define your service level agreement
- Submit our final commercial offer
- Prepare the contractual documentation
Step four: Implementation
Finally, to get your service level agreement up and running, we’ll:
- Establish project team
- Agree on milestones
- Train our engineers
- Synchronise data and systems
- Define procedures
- Agree on reporting requirements
- GO LIVE!
Service level agreement pricing
Many factors go into pricing service level agreements, including equipment complexity, the scope of service required, locations, etc.
Ophthalmic OEM partners we work with
Veritek supports thousands of devices for major manufacturers and industry leaders, including Topcon and Boots Opticians.
Read our resources
- Convincing arguments for outsourcing medical device maintenance, calibration and repair services
- Field engineering service partnerships explained
- How PPM benefits the environment and helps fuel OEMs’ growth
- Is sales growth outstripping your ability to provide after-sales service?
- 7 reasons why you shouldn’t neglect planned preventative maintenance
- 3 compelling reasons to use a field engineering support partner for equipment upgrades
- How to clear an installation backlog caused by parts delays
- Why a repair centre should be part of an OEM’s customer success story
- In-house or outsourced after-sales field engineering service support. Which should you choose?
- How to overcome the ripple effect of re-shoring on after-sales service
- Why demand for remote assistance for equipment manufacturers’ customers is increasing
Types of field engineering support we offer and how they work
- Field screeners
- Optical coherence tomography (OCTs)
- Auto refractors / Refraction units
- Dispensing Focimeters
- Slit Lamps
- Chart Projectors
- Lens edging equipment
- Retinal Cameras
- Ophthalmic Stands
- Multilingual remote technical support helpline
- Same-day repairs
- Remote resolution and diagnostic solutions
- Multilingual, pan-European technical support
- Manufacturer-trained technical engineers
- Equipment installation services
- Four European bases
- Field service device upgrades
- Remote diagnostics and support
- Planned preventative maintenance (PPM)
- Break/fix on site visits
- Service contracts