Veritek, a leading European Field Engineering, Support and Repairs Business, who offer gold-standard outsourced engineering services and support for complex mission critical technologies, are currently looking to recruit two experienced field service engineers for its Healthcare Field Engineer team. Are you looking for your next challenge?
26th February 2021
London / M25Apply for Position
We are looking for multi-disciplined Healthcare Field Service Engineers predominately based in London / M25 area although some UK and/or European travel may be required from time to time.
The role will be responsible for carrying out installations, servicing, repairs, equipment moves and changes, upgrades, and modifications with a focus on Medical Digital Equipment along with other medical devices as required. In time there may be an opportunity to cross train and work across multiple industry sectors.
- Carry out the installation, servicing, repairs, moves & changes, upgrades and modifications of the company customer equipment base as requested.
- To always apply a professional, reactive and proactive service to our customers.
- Problem-solve in a responsible and methodical manner whilst carrying out effective customer liaison skills to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Ensure effective communications are maintained with Area Manager’s and other Veritek staff as required.
- To be flexible to work within other regions of the UK as and when required.
- To attend and pass any necessary product or skills training programmes.
- To ensure call closure procedures are always followed.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed correctly and returned within correct timescales.
- Effectively maintain vehicle stock inventory.
- To manage customer returns, disposal of returned capital equipment and parts in a compliant timely manner to ISO and WEEE procedures
- Be responsible for ensuring safe working practices under the Health & Safety Acts.
- To always demonstrate appropriate driver behaviours.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Previous engineering experience in a medical or related environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good core engineering skills and knowledge.
- Electrical/Electronic/Software Engineering experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Smart appearance.
- Good telephone manner.
- Clean driving licence.
- Must have a current up to date passport or be able to apply for one immediately. May sometimes be required to work early starts and/or late finishes. Core 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday plus 1 in 3 Saturdays (additional 8 hours)
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 26th February 2021.